Carbon and water footprint courses 2011
Carbon Footprinting – the new imperative for business?
A Carbon Footprinting Course will be held on the Wednesday, 31 August – Thursday, 1 September, at the University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney. This course will help organisations take a pro-active approach to managing their carbon footprint by providing participants with:
- latest information on current and forthcoming challenges of addressing climate change;
- guidance and training on measuring product and organisational carbon footprints;
- the ability to identify opportunities and risks of carbon footprinting; and
- a basis for developing carbon reduction management strategies.
We will also offer a Water Footprint Course on the Friday, 2 September 2011, as a complement to the carbon footprint workshop or as a specialised stand-alone workshop.
Water footprint: the next carbon footprint?
The UNSW Water Research Centre is running a 1 day workshop ‘Water Footprint – the next carbon footprint?’ on Friday, 2 September 2011 at the University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney. This workshop can be taken as a complement to the carbon footprint workshop (held on the preceding two days) or as a specialised stand-alone workshop.
This course will enable participants to take a pro-active approach to managing water footprints of products or whole corporations. The course aims to provide:
- Understanding of key principles and features of responsible water accounting and reporting;
- Guidance and training on measuring product and organisational water footprints through the use of real-life case studies;
- Knowledge of where the market is going and why; and
- Capacity to assess the implications of the water footprint for your organisation (risks and opportunities).