Carbon and Water Footprinting 2012
Carbon Footprinting – the new imperative for business to improve competitiveness
A 2 day Carbon Footprinting Course will be held on Tuesday 20th – Wednesday 21st November at the University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney. This course will help organisations take a pro-active approach to managing their carbon footprint by providing participants with:
- latest information on current and forthcoming challenges of addressing climate change;
- guidance and training on measuring product and organisational carbon footprints;
- the ability to identify opportunities and risks of carbon footprinting; and
- a basis for developing carbon reduction management strategies.
We will also offer a Water Footprint Course on Thursday 22nd November 2012, as a complement to the carbon footprint workshop or as a specialised stand-alone workshop.
Water footprint: the next carbon footprint!
The UNSW Water Research Centre is running a 1 day workshop ‘Water Footprint – the next carbon footprint!’ on Thursday 22nd November 2012 at the University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney. This workshop can be taken as a complement to the carbon footprint workshop (held on the preceding two days) or as a specialised stand-alone workshop.
This course will enable participants to take a pro-active approach to managing water footprints of products or whole corporations. The course aims to provide:
- Understanding of key principles and features of responsible water accounting and reporting;
- Guidance and training on measuring product and organisational water footprints through the use of real-life case studies;
- Knowledge of where the market is going and why; and
- Capacity to assess the implications of the water footprint for your organisation (risks and opportunities).